Mrs. Sonnentag's Homework
Where?: Located in your child's blue communication folder.
- weekly spelling packet
- math worksheet
- language arts worksheet
- nightly reading 10-15 minutes
- sight word practice (flashcards provided for quick, frequent practice)
- occasional reteaching or enrichment worksheets to supplement your child's education
- signed progress notes
- assigned Monday through Thursday
- math/reading worksheets due back the following morning
- If your child is absent the HW from the previous day is due back the morning he or she returns. HW and make-up work from the day your child missed school is due back two days later.
- progress reports sent home Friday and due back on Monday
- to help students practice what is taught in school
- to achieve growth from Fountas and Pinnell Reading Level D (beginning of the year goal) to Level J (end of the year goal)
- to meet our goals based on the common core academic standards.
- to help students develop independence and confidence with academic tasks.
How much support?:
- Provide a routine for homework, such as right after snack upon arriving home, or after dinner in the same place each night.
- Please read directions for students and encourage them to do work independently if possible.
- If your child completes work at an after school program or with a babysitter, please still take some time if possible to check and discuss HW with the student before turning it in the following day.
- Please help struggling students so that they are not practicing the skills incorrectly. You may send me a note or write directly on the HW about any concerns you have or help you feel your child needs in class the following day.