Summer Reading Program: Read 180 Student Requirements
This assignment will count at the first assignment grade for either Reading or English (9th grade) in the fall.
If you are at a 600 Lexile or above, read two books this summer.
If your Lexile is below 500, please select at least 3 books at your level to read this summer (they tend to be shorter)
Use the response form to complete your summary for EACH book you read. Submit it after you have completed all books. This may need to be shared with your next year teacher for Read 180 or English.
How to find books:
1) Go to https://idp-awsprod1.education.scholastic.com/idp/ and use your Read 180 login.
Find the Independent Reading icon. There are many eBooks to choose from.
2.) Look around your neighborhood for a "Little Library" and borrow a book.
3.) Get an online book through Bucks County Free Library. If you don't already have a library card, you will
need a parent to help. https://buckslib.org/library-cards/
4.) Look under your bed. You know there is at least one book there.
If you are purchasing books from online vendor or borrowing from a library, https://lexile.com/parents-students/find-books-at-the-right-level/find-books-that-match-your-measure/ will help you to find books you might like at your reading level.
There are also suggested reading lists on the district's website https://www.mv.org/cms/lib/PA02218547/Centricity/ModuleInstance/1561/Photo006020200603_122015.pdf
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM or
Click here for a printable version Summer Reading Response Form
The LAST virtual Class Meeting will be on Thurssday, June 11 at 11 am
Zoom/ Videoconferencing Etiquette:
- Look at the camera and smile sometimes!
- Take turns speaking- use the "raise your hand" option if there are a lot of people on screen.
- Please mute your microphone when there is a lot of noise in or outside of your home.
- Please consider your background. Anything not appropriate to bring to school, shouldn't be in the camera's view. You may use virtual backgrounds!
- Be mindful if you are late to the meeting that time is limited.
If the link doesn't work go to Zoom's website to find the meeting and enter the Meeting ID below!
Please Note: For Security reasons, you will need to enter a waiting room where I will "let you in." If I don't recognize you name, I will not allow you into the meeting. (sorry!)
Also, Zoom now requires you use the password below!
FUN DAY! Join us for some fun and games! It has been great to see so many people joining us for Zoom meetings this week! Today is the LAST ONE for this year!
I will set up some Zoom meetings for August to help everyone get ready for next school year. Check back here for updates in August!
Here is the link/ code for today's meeting!
Time: Jun 11, 2020 11:00 AM
Meeting ID: 811 9034 4814
https://www.hmhco.com/coronavirus Follow this link it you are having difficulty accessing the online software.
New 3/23/2020: Scholastic Book Club will now deliver directly to your home. Our classroom still gets "Bonus Points" which helps us to get free books! Check it out!
Scholastic Book Cub Use Class Code J3YD3
New for 2017-18: Introduction to Read 180 Universal Video http://youtu.be/0-IaXX6hXco
For more information about the program : http://www.hmhco.com/products/read-180/
Morrisville Intermediate School uses Read 180 for students in grades 6-8.
Read 180 Overview
Read 180 is a reading program for students reading below grade level in grades 4 through 12.
There several components of the READ 180 program including:
- Software to build skills and provide practice in essential areas such as reading comprehension, fluency, vocabulary, phonics, and spelling.
- Audiobooks to allow students to read along with the help of a narrator and reading coach, who model strategies used by successful readers.
- Paperbacks to allow students to select books to read independently. Students will have access to appropriate level, high-interest books.
Together all of these components will help build the skills to become a successful reader. Additionally, studies show that the program also improves a student’s motivation and desire to succeed.
If you are interested in learning more about the program visit Read 180’s Family Portal. (Link above)
To learn more about the Lexile Framework http://www.lexile.com/about-lexile/lexile-overview/
To search for books at your Lexile go to http://www.lexile.com/fab/
<a title="ESCAPE the Room!"