Effective 4/6--ALL ASSIGNMENTS HAVE MOVED TO GOOGLE CLASSROOM
This site will no longer be updated
Please contact 1st period teacher to receive log-in info for Google Class
Once you have log-in info go to classroom.google.com to log-in
OR download google classroom APP & google slides APP on phone/tablet
Please reach out to your student's teacher if you have questions/ concerns or if you need your child's login for any of the following: Study Island, Khan Academy, etc.
Social Studies: Mr. Teefy email@example.com
Intro to Algebra: Ms. Riley firstname.lastname@example.org Khan Academy login contact
Algebra 1: Mrs. Pedersen email@example.com
Science: Mr. Eriksson firstname.lastname@example.org Pearson login contact
Pearson Realize link-> Pearson Realize
Pearson Login example: username: <first initial><lastname>@mv
password: initially set to: science123 (please change at login)
Language Arts: Mr. Mullen. Tmullen@mv.org noredink login contact
Reading: Ms. Killion email@example.com StudyIsland login contact
Study Island Login Example: mkillion@mv
Passwords: Vary but intially set to first name & can be changed
Reading: Mrs. Bolduc / Mrs. Giblin firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Read 180 /Learning Support Mrs. Worrell firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance Counselor: Mrs. Sherlock email@example.com
8th Grade Team
Welcome To The 8th Grade Team Page!
Required Supply List: updated 8/7/19
- Combination Lock (keys are often lost)
- Assignment Book
- 1 large binder or 2 smaller ones (organized for am/pm classes)
- Loose Leaf Paper
- Several pencils
- Several pens
- Pencil Case
- Scientific calculator for at home use
o Suggested type TI-30XIIS, at Walmart online for $8.97 Click to shop online
o If possible select color other than Navy Blue and mark with student name in permanent marker
- Other items are encouraged for students who feel they are better organized with immediate access to highlighters, 3x5 cards, post-it notes, colored pencils, etc. These items are not required.
In the case that you feel you may need assistance obtaining the required items due to financial need, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with getting the materials. Students are expected to have all of their materials within the first few days of school.
- Students are expected to have 1 large ring binder (1 ½ - 3 inch) or 2 1-inch binders.
- Sections for each subject will be kept in the binder.
- Binder pages will be numbered and organized in order.
- Sample Binders will be in each classroom.
- Organization will count for a grade in some classes either by periodic teacher checks or by binder quizzes where the accessibility of content is quickly accessed unrelated to the content.
Genesis Access- Parent Portal
Genesis is the system teachers at Morrisville use to record grades for students. We encourage every parent to obtain access to genesis to easily access their child’s grades, attendance and other information. To obtain access to genesis please email Mrs. Burkhardt at email@example.com and request parent access to genesis, be sure to include the name of your student in the body of the email.
8th grade homework will be posted on the "My Homework" link on this page. Be sure to bookmark it! Assignments are posted by the end of each school day.
"My Links" is a collection of student study aids and parent resources. Look here to find online flashcards for English vocabulary tests, helpful math websites, and Pennsylvania State Assessment Anchors
Some teachers use this site to post activities and links. Use the menu on the left to navigate this site.
Cell Phones & other electronic devices
- Cell phones are to be kept in lockers except during lunch.
- Headphones & Earbuds are not permitted in the classroom or hallways.
- Any cell phone seen in a classroom lying on a desk, in the hands of a student, or suspected connected to headphones, will be confiscated.
- When a cell phone is confiscated students will receive it back from that teacher at the end of the day. Multiple offenses will be referred for administrative discipline.
- Cell phones are not to be used to take pictures or video at any time including lunch.
- When a student returns from an absence, they are expected to ask for the work they missed and make it up within the number of days they were absent.
- Students may need to come after school to pick up work or for extra help to catch up.