MORRISVILLE HEALTH SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Philosophy: "A child who is not healthy cannot learn; a child who does not learn will not be healthy."
School Health Requirements
Pennsylvania State Law requires all students to be properly immunized and show proof of medical care by providing the school nurse with documentation of Physical and dental examinations at specified intervals.
Children in ALL grades (K-12) need the following vaccines (Immunizations):
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis*(1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella**
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
*Usually given as DTP or DT or Td
**Usually given as MMR
7th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for entry:
- 1 dose meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) (usually given between 11-15 years of age)
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis(Tdap)
12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for entry:
- 1 dose meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) (second dose at age 16 or entry into 12th grade) NOTE if 1st dose given at age 16 only 1 dose needed
All Students entering school for the first time, Kindergarten or 1st grades, must have a current Dental and Physical exams (within 1 year from start of school)
All Students entering 6th and 11th grade must have a physical exam (done within 1 year from start of school)
All Students entering 3rd and 7th grade must have a dental exam (done within 1 year from start of school)
Dental and Physical forms can be printed from the school district website .
If your child has a medical condition which requires them to receive medication during school hours you must provide a doctor’s order for the school nurse to administer the medication. The form for this can be picked up from the School Health Office or found on the school website and printed. The form must be completed by the physician and signed by the physician and the parent. All medication orders expire at the end of the school year. Every school year a new order must be obtained.
- Medication must be received in the original pharmacy container with the student’s name on it, the contents of container and the expiration date.
- All medication must be brought in to the nurse by the parent/guardian or another authorized adult.
- Medications may not be sent to school for the student to take on their own and may be considered a violation to the schools policies.
Student Health Forms
Health Staff Information
Michelle Argenti, RN, CSN
School Health Nurse
Morrisville School District
550 West Palmer Street
Morrisville, PA 19067
Office # (215) 736- 5264
E-mail - email@example.com
Mary Bracken, RN
Grandview Elementary – 215-736-5384
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org