Sr. High Wellness - Senior High Wellness
9th and 10th Grade Wellness
9th – 10th Grade Wellness
These courses focus on a broad range of topics covering both Health and Physical Education standards set forth by the state of
. This Wellness course is a combination of Health and Physical Education relating health and wellness issues to physical education and fitness activities. Throughout the marking period, time will be spent in both the classroom and gymnasium. Pennsylvania
The following principles are the main focus:
- Physical, Mental, and Social areas of health.
- Risk Behaviors.
- Benefits of an active lifestyle.
- Exercise specificity.
- Aerobic and Anaerobic fitness.
- Nutrition and its role as part of a healthy lifestyle.
- The Importance of Goal Setting.
- Personal Safety.
1. All students are expected to follow the daily schedule they recieved on day one. Be sure you know where your class is meeting on a given day.
2. All students will enter the marking period with a positive attitude toward this course, their academic abilities, their peers and teacher.
3. All students will come prepared to class with pencil/pen and notebook on health days, and appropriate change of clothing on PE days.
4. All students will actively participate in classroom activities to the best of their abilities.
5. All students will arrive to class on time. No excuses will be accepted without a pass from another teacher, administrator, etc...
6. You are NOT to have cell phones, portable game systems, MP3 players, CD players and other entertainment devices in your visible possession. If spotted, you will be warned. The second time the items will be taken from you and returned at the end of the day. Refusal to hand over your device will result in a write-up for defiance along with a phone call home.
7. You will take what this course has to offer, have fun with it and use it to the best of your ability.
Check the subpages of this site for featured student presentations.